If you do not have a trust:
- Is your personal estate worth more than R 3 500 000 (or R 7 000 000 for a married couple)?
- Do you have any large assets in your personal name that may be exposed to any creditors, such as SARS or a soon-to-be-ex-spouse?
- Do you have minor children?
- Are you a business owner?
- May you be at risk to develop a disorder, such as Alzheimer’s Disease, and not being able to look after your own affairs?
If you do have a trust:
- Was your trust drafted before October 2001 and never amended?
- Have you never read your trust deed?
- Does your trust deed lack a severability clause?
- Are the trustees’ not acting in accordance with the terms of the trust deed?
- Are the trustees not keeping trust property separate from their personal estates and refer to the trust assets as their own?
If you answer yes to a couple of these questions, please contact us for a free consultation.